MCIPS stands for Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, and is the internationally recognised accreditation of excellence in procurement. Achieving this standard really sets you apart from others within the buying industry and gives you fantastic professional recognition.
So how do you go about achieving this standard of excellence?
The traditional routes for achieving MCIPS was often a long and arduous college course, however there are now many self study and distance learning courses that can fulfil these requirements.
One of the most widely used methods of achieving MCIPS is to commit to a Supply Chain Management NVQ course. These NVQs have increasingly over the past ten years become recognised as a valid alternative to the traditional examination based route.
Supply Chain Management NVQs
The Supply Chain NVQs have been set-up to cover a wide variety of procurement, purchasing and supply chain roles, and are available in different levels depending on the roles you wish to fulfil. The levels available are level 2, 3, 4 and 5 and each level has its own clearly defined learning units.
NVQ Level 2
The NVQ level 2 provides learning modules covering the following areas:
– Obtaining important information about the supply chain
– Learn how to contribute to the relationships within the operation of the supply chain
The NVQ level 3 provides learning modules covering the following areas:
– Perform an analysis of the supply chain
– Build and maintain relationships within the operation of the supply chain
– Evaluate and perform improvements to the supply chain
The NVQ level 4 provides learning modules covering the following areas:
– Develop relationships within the operation of the supply chain
– Perform evaluations on the supply chain
– Propose improvements to the supply chain process
– Build improvements into the supply chain process
– Provide leadership throughout the supply chain
The NVQ level 5 provides learning modules covering the following areas:
– Developing an individual supply chain strategy for an organisation
– Build relationships with strategic goals within the supply chain
– Improve supply chain performance
– Provide a leadership role for your organisation
Qube Vocational Development provides a range of NVQs including supply chain management NVQ, procurement NVQ, purchasing NVQ and many more management style qualifications.